Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Munchkin 5 is Coming Back!

I got two phone calls for potential placements today after a long dry spell.  It's funny how they seem to come in groups!  The first call didn't work out even though we were willing, but the second call was about Munchkin 5, the little girl we had done respite for last month.  Apparently her current foster parents can't keep her any longer. I'm not sure of the reason, but I wasn't super impressed with their care and affection for her in the first place to be honest.  I'm so excited to have her back.  She was so reserved and anti affection.  She is what I imagine M1 would have been like had we got him at 3 yrs old instead of 20 months.  I think she has a ton of potential and I can't wait to work with her.  She's a good fit for our family based on what we saw during her respite stay with us.  It will be interesting to see how things go once the honeymoon wears off.  Since this is a transfer from another foster home the transition shouldn't be as crazy as it was when M2-4 came.  I shouldn't have to do the whirlwind of doctor, dentist, and optometrist appointments.  I will have to figure out preschool though.  Preschool would definitely be a good thing for M5, but I have a feeling our local headstart is full. I'm not sure if the state will pay for preschool other than headstart or not.  It will also be interesting getting to know the particulars of her case.  From what little I gleaned during the time she was with us, it appears she has a very complicated case, but then I'm starting to learn that they all do.  Well, I'm off to go change bedsheets and get everything ready in her room for her to move right on in! 

No comments:

Post a Comment