Saturday, January 21, 2012

Our First Post

This is my first post as a foster mama. I'm excited to be entering into this crazy journey. I'm trusting God to lead me in the right direction so that we can help the children that come through our home make it safely through Oz and back home to "Kansas," wherever that may be.

To tell you a little bit about our family, there's me-Dorothy and my husband the Scarecrow. We adopted our daughter-the Cowardly Lion (hereafter referred to as Lion) as in infant. We have an open adoption with Lion's birthfamily and hope to one day possibly adopt again through the foster system and have another open adoption if possible. Lion is in kindergarten and is very excited about her new role as a big sister. It's a big change for her though. She's been the only child in the house for 5 years and when you add that to some tricky behavior issues (ADHD and Oppositional Defiant Disorder) it's a lot for a little girl to handle. I do think she'll settle in though. It's just going to take some time. It'll take time for all of us I think. Our newest member of the family is our first foster placement-Munchkin 1 (M1 for short). He's 21 months old and we'll be the 5th home he's lived in over the course of his short life. He's only been with us for a day and a half and everyone's lives have been turned upside down! It's a steep learning curve adjusting to having a toddler in the house again and I'm sure M1 has absolutely no idea what to think about what has just happened to his life.

Well, that's us in a nutshell. Come join us as we get aquainted with Oz and all the surprises it has in store for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment